Australia beat Netherlands by 309 runs in an ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 match on the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Wednesday.
It registered the largest victory, by margin of runs, within the historical past of the ODI World Cup. The earlier report was additionally held by Australia, which beat Afghanistan by 275 runs at Perth within the 2015 version of the event.
This can be the second greatest win within the historical past of ODI cricket, and is bettered solely by India’s 317-run win towards Sri Lanka in Thiruvananthapuram earlier this 12 months.
Earlier within the event, South Africa had posted the eighth-biggest victory on the World Cup by beating England by 229 runs on the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
On Wednesday, Australia rode on Glenn Maxwell and David Warner’s centuries to publish a commanding 399 for eight earlier than Adam Zampa’s four-wicket haul skittled the Dutch for simply 90 in 21 overs.
BIGGEST WINS IN ODI WORLD CUP HISTORY
- Australia beat Netherlands by 309 runs – 2023 (Delhi)
- Australia beat Afghanistan by 275 runs – 2015 (Perth)
- South Africa beat West Indies by 257 runs – 2015 (Sydney)
- Australia beat Namibia by 256 runs – 2003 (Potchefstroom)
- Sri Lanka beat Bermuda by 243 runs – 2007 (Port of Spain)
Source web site: sportstar.thehindu.com