A 3-tournament week on the ATP Tour sees a bunch of Top 10 stars in motion throughout three continents.
Defending champion Felix Auger-Aliassime returns to the ABN AMRO Open, an ATP 500 occasion in Rotterdam, whereas Taylor Fritz is the highest seed on the Delray Beach Open, an ATP 250 hard-court event. Carlos Alcaraz competes for the primary time this 12 months and headlines the sphere on the Argentina Open, a clay-court ATP 250.
ATPTour.com seems to be at 5 issues to observe at every occasion.
View Draws: Rotterdam | Buenos Aires | Delray Beach
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH IN ROTTERDAM
1) Tsitsipas Top Seed: World No. 3 Stefanos Tsitsipas will goal to proceed his sturdy begin to the season when he headlines the sphere in Rotterdam. The Greek, who reached his second Grand Slam last on the Australian Open final month, has carried out properly on the ATP 500 occasion, reaching the semi-finals in 2021 earlier than he superior to the championship match final 12 months. Tsitsipas opens in opposition to Emil Ruusuvuori and will play Jannik Sinner within the second spherical.
2) Defending Champion Felix: Auger-Aliassime broke new floor in Rotterdam final 12 months when he defeated Tsitsipas to raise his first ATP Tour trophy. The 22-year-old Canadian entered the match holding a 0-8 report in tour-level finals, however shortly got here out firing to enhance on that report. The third seed is competing for the primary time since he reached the fourth spherical on the Australian Open.
3) Seeded Threats: Second seed Andrey Rublev and fifth seed Hubert Hurkacz have each tasted success at ATP 500 occasions. Rublev has lifted 5 trophies at this degree, together with the Rotterdam title in 2021, whereas Hurkacz triumphed at Halle final 12 months. Rublev opens his marketing campaign in opposition to Alex de Minaur with Hurkacz dealing with Roberto Bautista Agut.
4) Can Sinner & Rune Maintain Momentum?: Sinner and Holger Rune arrive in Rotterdam off the again of deep runs in Montpellier. Rune superior to the semi-finals, with Sinner competing within the last on Sunday. Sinner reached the quarter-finals on the indoor hard-court occasion in Rotterdam in 2020, whereas fourth seed Rune is making his debut.
5) Koolhof/Skupski Lead Doubles Field: Wesley Koolhof and Neal Skupski captured seven tour-level titles in 2022 however are nonetheless trying to find their first crown this 12 months. The Dutch-British tandem faces competitors from second seeds Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic, third seeds Ivan Dodig and Austin Krajicek and fourth seeds Lloyd Glasspool and Harri Heliovaara.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH IN DELRAY BEACH
1) Fritz Headlines: Taylor Fritz will make his sixth look on the ATP 250 occasion in Delray Beach when he headlines the sphere as the highest seed. The American, who remains to be alive in Dallas this week, has by no means been past the quarter-finals on the event. He might be aiming to alter that report beginning in opposition to Emilio Gomez or a qualifier.
2) Paul & Shapovalov In Action: Tommy Paul arrives in Delray Beach excessive in confidence after hovering to the semi-finals on the Australian Open. The second seed, who reached the semi-finals on the ATP 250 in 2022, might be in search of his second tour-level title. Third seed Denis Shapovalov is making his second look in Florida, having superior to the semi-finals in 2018.
3) Shelton In Action: #NextGenATP American Ben Shelton caught the eye of the tennis world in January when he reached the quarter-finals on the Australian Open on his first journey outdoors of the United States. Back on house soil this week, the eighth seed begins in opposition to Marcos Giron on the hard-court event.
4) Americans Pack Field: There are 11 American males within the attract Florida, not together with qualifiers. Seventh seed John Isner performs countryman J.J. Wolf, with 2017 champion Jack Sock receiving a wild card. Sixth seed Jenson Brooksby opens in opposition to Ilya Ivashka.
5) Arevalo/Rojer Reigning Champs: Marcelo Arevalo and Jean-Julien Rojer return to Delray seashore as defending champions. The prime seeds are joined within the draw by second seeds Jamie Murray and Michael Venus.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH IN BUENOS AIRES
1) Alcaraz Returns: World No. 2 Alcaraz will compete for the primary since November when he leads the sphere as the highest seed on the ATP 250 occasion in Buenos Aires. The 19-year-old, who missed the Australian Open as a consequence of a leg harm, is making his debut in Buenos Aires. The Spaniard tasted success on clay in 2022, clinching crowns in Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona and Madrid.
2) Norrie Makes Debut: Cameron Norrie will make his debut in Buenos Aires this week, after competing in Colombia for Great Britain within the Davis Cup earlier this month. The second seed arrives holding a 10-2 report on the 12 months, incomes Top 10 wins in opposition to Rafael Nadal and Taylor Fritz on the United Cup.
3) Returning Champions: Diego Schwartzman and Dominic Thiem have each tasted success in Buenos Aires. The Argentine Schwartzman lifted the trophy in 2021, whereas Thiem received the title in 2016 and 2018. Schwartzman is the fourth seed on the clay-court occasion, with Austrian Thiem receiving a wild card.
4) Home Hopes: Alongside Schwartzman, Francisco Cerundolo and Sebastian Baez will fly the flag for Argentina. Cerundolo got here by means of qualifying to succeed in the ultimate in Buenos Aires in 2021, whereas Baez made the quarter-finals on debut final 12 months.
5) Granollers/Zeballos Top Seed: Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos are the highest seeds within the doubles draw, with Rafael Matos and David Vega Hernandez seeded second. Singles stars Diego Schwartzman and Dominic Thiem are becoming a member of forces.
Source web site: www.atptour.com