Neal Mohan, an Indian-American, is all set to turn into the subsequent chief government officer (CEO) of YouTube, changing Susan Wojcicki who on Thursday introduced that she is stepping down from her function. Wojcicki spent 9 years as the top of the worldwide on-line video-sharing and social media platform.
He will be a part of a rising record of Indian-origin CEOs on the helm of US-based international giants, together with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai. Indra Nooyi had served as PepsiCo’s CEO for 12 years earlier than stepping down in 2018.
Who is Neal Mohan?
1. Neal Mohan graduated in electrical engineering from Stanford University.
2. Mohan, a longtime lieutenant of Susan Wojcicki, joined Google with the DoubleClick acquisition in 2007.
3. Mohan was appointed chief product officer at YouTube in 2015. He targeted on constructing YouTube Shorts, Music and subscription choices within the function.
4. Previously, Mohan has labored with Microsoft and sits on the board of Stitch Fix and genomics and biotechnology firm 23andMe.
5. Mohan stated he’s excited to proceed this “awesome and important mission” and looking out ahead to a brand new future. “Thank you, @SusanWojcicki. It’s been amazing to work with you over the years. You’ve built YouTube into an extraordinary home for creators and viewers. I’m excited to continue this awesome and important mission. Looking forward to what lies ahead…” Mohan tweeted.
The change of guard comes as YouTube’s promoting income fell for the second straight quarter amid intense competitors for viewing time with short-form video providers equivalent to TikTok and Facebook’s Reels, and streaming providers like Netflix.
Source web site: www.hindustantimes.com